Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Puddle Ducks Waddle In...


Puddle Ducks Day Care is officially open. I have so far 3 little ones joining in the fun and have had to turn away countless phone calls for infant care. Under my license I am only able to have two little ones under the age of 24 months. I wouldn't want more babies at one time than that anyway. It would just be way to hard to have more and with Noah only 2 months I really don't want another infant. I have a dad and two more kids coming on Friday for an interview with me and two more that may start next week. It's all coming together. Yeah!
Our first real project was today. I have been crafting some garlands for the holidays and thought it would be fun to make some smaller ones with the kids. We had a wonderful time with paper, glue and yarn.


These are the finished garlands that the little puddle ducks made. The top one is a 5 year olds work and the bottom was made, with a little help, by a 2 year old. They turned out really cute and the kids were so proud of them and excited to show them off to mom and dad.

Noah Bean's bear garland. I think he may have had just a wee bit of help from his Mommy...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Puddle Ducks. When things are meant to be . . . :)
Cute bears too!
Susan

Cris said...

Those are cute Paula! And I wish you a happy weekend with family coming over!

Terri said...

Congratulations! I hope you and your Puddle Ducks have alot of fun and keep each other out of trouble! LOL
God bless.
Terri

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! Congrats on the little Puddle Ducks. The garlands are very cute.

Love & God bless,

Melissa

Jeni said...

Congratulations! I am really happy for you - darned proud of you too for setting up a way that you can be with your precious little Noah and still earn a living doing something worthwhile -and that you obviously enjoy - too! Those kids in your care are really the big winners though, hope you - and they - know that!

Anonymous said...

What lucky ducks! I'm so excited about your new business Paula. I admire you so much my friend and I'm so happy for you and all the little lives you'll be enriching!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo - M

Smer said...

Congratulations,,,I've been away so long I can't believe how much has changed in your life. It's simply wonderful. I switched from typepad to blogger just today, I hope the computer keeps working OK now Take care!!! i'm now www.witmerchronicle.blogspot.com

ellen said...

Oh, good for you and good for those lucky little Puddle Ducks. I love the name!

Shelby said...

big congrats!!!!

Jodi Renshaw said...

Oh How wonderful for you & the kids!!! I am so inspired by you following your heart.
Love,
Jodi

Anonymous said...

Your garlands are so bright and welcoming. Best wishes as you begin this new adventure!

jenclair said...

What fun! This will be such a great place to be creative and to teach creativity. Love the garlands!

raidergirl3 said...

I wish I lived closer to you for my little one, your place looks wonderful. Don't take too many kids though, just what feels comfortable for you.