Friday, July 28, 2006

Watermelon Crawl

"We got a hundred gallons of sweet red wine
Made from the biggest watermelons on the vine.
Help yourself to some, but obey the law-
If you drink, don't drive, do the watermelon crawl..."
-Tracy Byrd

I took Dustin to Susan's house in Echo last weekend so he can (hopefully) help her with some chores for awhile. He has been wanting to go and both KP and Jordan are working all the time. Susan has had pneumonia this summer and has had a hard time recovering, so she needed someone to help out with things. Sounds like he's having a ball and working hard so far.

I brought a Hermiston Watermelon back with me, so last night we had some friends over for Watermelon Margarita's. Yummy!!! I actually found a watermelon margarita mix at Harry & David's when I went in for their pineapple salsa. Pretty good stuff.

James and Derith, of course, brought six-month old baby Grace with them. Riff carried her all over the place an introduced her to all of the animals. Boots, the cat, was curious about her until she reached out and grabbed a handful of his whiskers. He kept a wide berth after that. Grace took a nap on our bed. When she woke up, I think it scared her to not recognize the room. She cried quite loudly and was not easily calmed. Hannah, one of our dogs, was very concerned about this. I think she wanted to comfort that poor, crying baby.

This weekend we plan to work on the house some more. Hopefully get the kitchen cabinets finished and the guest room upstairs painted. We have a hot tub coming in a couple of weeks (I'm SO excited!) and need to get the deck power washed and sealed before it arrives, also. We had better get busy!! Maybe I'll just have a margarita instead...


"If you're ever in Georgia (or Oregon) round 'bout July
If you ain't in a hurry
Then you oughta stop by
I can guarantee that you're gonna have a ball
Learning how to do the watermelon crawl..."

4 comments:

Marsha Loftis said...

I love the watermelon crawl..the song that it.

Anonymous said...

I Love Hermistan watermelon & Margurita's are great, but I probably can only handle haulf of one. I had one beer the other night befor the fair & could feel it.
We ordered a hot tub to, can't wait to try it out, but we have to finish it's room first.
Our moving date is August,8th.
I'm on my way to the Farmers market.
Talk to you soon,
Stacey

One Crabapple said...

TAppin' my foot to The Watermelon Crawl. Very catchy. How fun. Hope I can remember this to tell later !

Paula said...

Marsha, Stacey and Crabapple,
I love that song, too! It's just so fun. Thanks for stoppin' by, ya'all!!