Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Card Tree


I went out the other night in a winter windstorm to cut some bare brances for my Christmas-card-tree and was nearly blown down the hill, but it was worth it. I got the idea for this tree in the latest Sunset Magazine and really loved it. Just so happens that I had a clear glass vase and some vintage ornaments hanging around, all that I needed was the branches and, by golly, there was a few of those haning around in my backyard as well. I'm really tickled with the tree. It's really a fun decoration and simple as pie to put together.
If you look close you can see an incredibly cute homemade Christmas card on the tree from Ali at Willa's Way and also one from Mary at Mary's Writing Nook. I'm horrible and have yet to get out a single card this year. There's still time ~ it's not over 'til it's over...

12 comments:

Mary said...

Paula,

I absolutely LOVE your Christmas card tree and yes, there is the card I sent you. I also have yours hung, but not on a Christmas card tree. Next year I may just try this if I remember. Thanks for sharing.

I`m starting the Civil War Christmas Tales tonight. They look fantastic. I`ll let you know.

Blessings,
Mary

Yolanda said...

I like this idea too. If you will email your address I will mail you a Christmas card too. I think maybe it could get there by next thurs.

Wila (aka Ali) said...

I love the tree idea! I was so tickled to see our card hanging on it, too! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Cute card tree idea!
Don't feel bad, I haven't mailed any either.
Just can't get with it this year.

Unknown said...

That is a great idea!
You are such a Martha Stewart!

Josh said...

I was wondering where my card was... I haven't gotten one card from ANYONE yet!!!! LOL Looks like you might have gotten mine if I am not mistakened and confusing it with someone else. LOL

Paula said...

Yes Joshua, that is your Rockefeller Christmas tree card hanging there! Your gift AND card is on it's way, finally....

Tipper said...

I absolutely love it! I'm going to make one. It would work for displaying photos too!

Jeni said...

I finally have all but two of the cards I need to send all ready to be dropped in the mail -just as soon as this storm (freezing rain, sleet, snow -the whole crappy mix) lets up a bit here! I showed your photo of your Christmas card holder to my daughter Mandy and she thought that was quite original and really neat. However, she cautioned me about trying something like that because "She's crafty and creative, Mom, and you're not!" How's that for a vote of confidence, huh? However, I have to confess that she is right! So guess we'll stay with the tried and true -scotch taping cards around the doorway yet another year.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours, Paula!

Bone said...

For years, my Mom has taped Christmas cards to the branches of this little tree she has. I didn't know anyone else did that. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you have a merry Christmas.

Jodi Ohl said...

I'm ashamed that I haven't sent one card out this year either!! Not sure what's wrong with me, I'm just not organized! Love your tree though, what a great idea!

Terri said...

That's a cute idea, Paula.