Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Stills - Eyes

I had such big plans for this weeks Sunday Stills challenge. The topic is Eyes, and I immediately decided that I was going to have my daughter, Shilo, come over and I was going to shoot her using the color accent feature of my camera so that just the color of her eyes stood out and the rest was black and white. I have it pictured perfectly in my mind, but sometimes the best laid plans fall by the wayside and my plans were not even close to the best laid. Work tends to get in the way of the things I want to do, strange how that happens. I didn't even mention my plans to Shilo at all during the week, because I turned around just once and that week was gone. Turns out that yesterday she had to work all day and so here it is Sunday morning. Below you'll find two sets of eye's that presented themselves perfectly to me yesterday.


Yesterday was a gorgeous May day here on the north Oregon coast, so after a day of working in the garden, we thought a walk on the beach was in order. After our walk, we pulled chairs out of the back of the truck and sat to enjoy the waves, with a snack and a beverage, of course. Our black lab, Blackie, was looking at me with these eyes. Wondering if I was going to hand over some of that snack. He really didn't like the camera pointed at him, but sat still for this one shot. Nice doggie!


Earlier in the day, I was working on planting all of our windowboxes when the phone rang. I ran into the house and chatted away while wandering back towards the front door, which was wide open. There, standing on the sidewalk was Mr. Raccoon. I grabbed my camera and tried to get a little closer, but he decided to run up the nearest pine tree. Tree'd my first coon, I did! Our town raccoons really aren't very afraid, so he didn't climb very far, which gave me a perfect opportunity. Look at those eyes. The Masked Bandit strikes again.

I'm still planning on the photo shoot with my daughter. Thinking those are going to be some fun pictures...

18 comments:

Adrienne said...

Love those eyes! And the thought of going to the beach yesterday on this gorgeous, gorgeous Pacific Northwest weekend is almost enough to make me drive over to do the same! Thanks for sharing your sweet dogs eyes - and those bandit eyes staring at you. ~Adrienne~

Anonymous said...

Great job. How lucky you were to get a shot of a racoon!!

Flo said...

Great pics. How cool to get racoon eyes!!! Awesome.

Mine is up over at the photo blog.

J9 said...

That's a great racoon shot!

Anonymous said...

Great photos. The racoon was a real treat.

WildBlack said...

Nice shots! Racoon shot is the best.

Jen Mo said...

Best laid plans and all...but you did a great job!

Kelly said...

Raccoon eyes -- now those are some I wouldn't want to meet on a dark night!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Great shots, Paula!
And great song, too!

WhimsybyMari said...

Love the racoon's eyes and your dog looks so sweet and being by the ocean I am differentially jealous.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great photo of the Coon! I envy you..and your trip to the beach..it sounded heavenly! :)

Carroll Baker said...

Great shots! love the coon...

Ed said...

Love the racoon! and the header pic is too cool..:-)

CTG Ponies said...

Great pics! The raccoon is great!

Sherri said...

Oh my gosh,that raccoon pic is awesome!

Tipper said...

Nice eyes!

Unknown said...

I hope you gave Blackie a little morsel for his pose.
The shot of the racoon is great!

Regular Guy said...

Cute picture of the raccoon, real nice job.