Thursday, September 16, 2010

If Wishes Were Fishes...

we'd all have a fry!

My mama used to say that quite a bit when one of us kids would be wishing for something, instead of doing something to make that wish happen.

 Christmas knitting has begun at my house with the very first 2010 Christmas project falling off of the needles a couple of nights ago.  Oscar the fish hat jumped right off my needles and into my heart.  He turned out so darn cute, if I do say so myself, that all the little boys in our family (and maybe some big one's), will be having a fish fry on Christmas morning.


                                  
Mom also said, "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."  Hmmm....mayhaps someone will have a horse on their head come Christmas morning as well...

9 comments:

Egghead said...

That is the cutest thing. Did you make the pattern up? Very cute!! Do you sell these? If you do let me know. I have a couple of little grandsons that would love those.

Adrienne said...

Oh my gosh! If that isn't the cutest hat I've ever seen!!!! I'd have to say - that's the best fish face by far ;-)

mtnchild said...

Love it!
Yvette

Adrienne said...

That is so cute it just makes me smile! Is it for someone special or are you planning to sell them? When you get a chance to stop by you'll hear the big news I shared today. Big changes - good ones. Can't wait to share the news with you.
~Adrienne~

Unknown said...

Those are the cutest fish's I've ever seen!!!
Some boys will be very happy & cute wearing them!!!

Unknown said...

That is one of cutest hats I've seen. You should sell the pattern on Ravelry if it's one you made up.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

antmee said...

Cutest fish hat I have ever seen! You are one very clever, talented lady!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Those are adorable!!!
I'm hoping to see pictures from Christmas morning with little boys with fish heads!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Oh how I'd love the pattern....PLEASE DO SHARE!!!!

daldak01@yahoo.ca