Thursday, June 08, 2006

Dreamland Express...

I caught a ride on the Dreamland Express last night,
I was sailing on an ocean of blue,
Right there by my side, much to my surprise, was you...

I said, come on over here baby, let me look in your eyes,
Let me see the very heart of you,
And I couldn't believe it, to concieve that my dream would come true...

You said, Let me be the end of your rainbow,
Let me be the stars up above,
Let me be the one that you long for, darling,
Let me be the one that you love...
-John Denver

Four years ago today this song was playing as our wedding party marched, tripped and sauntered up the aisle. Outside, snow was falling and INSIDE our family and friends were decked out in their winter coats. We had rented the old dance hall at Wallowa Lake for the joyous occasion. Casey, the manager of the lodge and the gondola, had graciously chopped us some firewood when the flakes begin to fall. In our wedding video there is a loud popping sound. The first time we watched, we couldn't decide what that noise was, but figured out that it is the logs cracking in the fire. What a fun day that was. I think we must watch the video again tonight.

May you all be blessed with love and crackeling fires...

No comments: