Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Summer Vacation

This past summer I didn't...
Paint my toenails red,
I didn't laze around in bed.
This summer I didn't
Run a marathon,
I didn't even re-seed the lawn.
I failed to have coffee beside the Nile;
Not a soul in Peru saw my smile.
I didn't dance the tango
beneath the stars,
or mop the deck of a pirate ship
flying to mars.
If you were in England having tea,
there is no possible way that
you would have seen me.
I wasn't at the circus, the zoo or the fair.
I didn't have Elvis' barber cut my hair.
Summer is over,
Fall winds are blowing;
I'm daydreaming about all the places
I'm not going.


8 comments:

Adrienne said...

Cute poem! At least we can dream, can't we? Hope you have had a good summer while you dreamed of far-away places! ~Adrienne~

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love the poem and love your blog...Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog that I launched today.

Shelby said...

This was lovely

Twisted Fencepost said...

Did you write that?
Wow! Beautiful poem.
Now you've got me dreaming, too.

Jeni said...

That poem certainly does say it all! Yep -I'm daydreaming too about the place to which I won't be going -but I often allow other bloggers to take me along when they go touring. Live life vicariously whenever possible ya know. At least it saves money on travel expenses and time and aggravation caused by having to pack, unpack and repack clothes then too. Yep. Make mine the easy life for sure then.

Unknown said...

I feel like that to although I did get to go to Oregon.
What a great poem!

Tipper said...

Loved it Paula!

Unknown said...

I like the picture you put on your header.