Friday, March 10, 2006

Snowflakes Are Falling...

Snowflakes are falling
On the ground
On our houses in our town
On my nose and in my hair
Snowflakes are falling everywhere...
Author unknown....

We woke to a enchanted world of white this morning. I sat mesmerized as tiny, sparkling diamonds fell from the sky. One would think I had never seen snow before, although we all know that I spent my first 18 years of life in an area where you do not see the actual ground for quite a few months in the winter time. One also would have forgotten that I spent the last 11 years in Wyoming where snow does not linger long, but falls from the sky many times in the winter. Our two dogs, however, had not forgotten. As I let them out this morning, they each turned to look at me as if to say "I thought we had left this nonsence behind!" Boots, our 5 month old kitten, thought it was great fun to romp in that chilly white stuff and was not even ready to come back inside by the time I left for work. He may need therapy. I do not think that this is appropriate kitty behavior!
I decided to swing by the beach this morning before getting to the office, just in case the snow had decided to settle there also. It had!! I took several pictures which I would love to include on this post, but do not yet have the technology. Such is life.
May you all be blessed with your inner child today...

No comments: