Monday, May 08, 2006

Spring Fever....

Spring fever,
Spring is here at last.
Spring fever,
My hearts beatin' fast.
Get up, Get out
Spring is everywhere....
-Elvis Presley

Mother Nature gave us an incredibly beautiful week. Several days in the high 60's and low 70's, sunshine, sunshine sunshine!! I drove around(well, back and forth to work, anyway) with my sunroof open and windows down. Spring is here at last and a long time in coming this year, I might add.
Shilo went to the skate park to watch a competition and hang out with friends on Saturday. Dustin was at a friends birthday party all day, so Riff and I took advantage of the nice day and did a bit more exploring of Cannon Beach. On the way down, we stopped at a garden shop and nursery between Seaside and Cannon Beach called Raintree. I had been wanting to go, but had not made it down that far. OH MY GOSH!!!! It is amazing. They have everything you could ever want. The plants are all healthy and beautifully arranged. It seems the nursery goes on forever. My backyard aspires to look like that nursery someday. Gorgeous....
Cannon Beach was busy as usual. They were having a "meet the artist" in the galleries and other festivities later in the day. We really enjoying just walking around and popping into galleries and shops that we have not been in before. We purchased a mothers day gift for Riff's mom (uh-uh, Lee. I'm not telling what it is. You'll just have to wait!), then had an late lunch/early dinner at the "Fireside". I had a blackened chicken sandwich with baby spring greens, lettuce, tomato, grilled onion and avacado on an onion roll and Riff had a pastrami reuben. Both sandwich's were very good.
We got home just in time to babysit our friends, Derith and James, 4 month old, Grace. She is so cute. She got a little crabby, took a ten minute nap, and was just as happy as a clam again. She was sleeping again when they came back. She heard her Mama's voice and woke right up, but it is her Daddy she really saves the smiles for. Derith says that she is trying to not take it personally! We are happy to watch her for them and even happier that our "baby" is 13!
A rainy Sunday...Riff painted indoor trim all day. Really is freshing the house up. I recieved an early Mothers Day gift in the form of a bamboo love seat for the sun porch. I have had my eye on it for several weeks now, so is really a wonderful gift. I spent the day rearranging the sun porch. I have not been happy with the way it looks lately, but it is fresh, clean and inviting again now.
May you be blessed with sunshine and a baby's laughter....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fun weekend. I look forward to your blog entries.

Anonymous said...

Wow, It sound like it has been gourgus there.
It actualy rained here today. It was pouring down when Dawn got out of school, so I whent to pick her up. Maybe my grass seeds will sprout now!
I transplanted some iris's along my side walk & planted wild flower seeds bihind them.
By Ralston there was the a cool looking feild of horses W/ mountain's & a thunder storm behind them. Someday I will be able to paint thing's like that!
Have a great day you guy's!
Stacey