Friday, June 27, 2008

Painting Again...


I haven't painted in a long time, and I can by no stretch of the imagination be called an artist, but I was inspired by some paintings that I saw in a Sunset Magazine. These two bird paintings are the result of that inspiration. I wanted them for our bedroom and am pretty happy with the way that they turned out. I can't think of what to call them, so I'm hoping that you guys can give me some suggestions. What do you think would be a good name for these two?
I've done a bit of other painting this past week or so but am not at liberty to show the finished products yet as a nosy sister or two of mine have birthdays coming up...


For the past month, I've gotten one order a week for my baby blocks on etsy. Wa-hoo!! This latest set is headed to Australia.

Have a great Friday!

8 comments:

Jodi Ohl said...

Love your sweet paintings and the fact that you are painting (I'm biased..lol..as you know, it's my favorite crafty pursuit)! Not sure on a name, that's always hard for me to come up with something unique or catchy.

Congrats on your order!

Unknown said...

How about "Birds of a Feather"
I love these paintings & you are most certanly an artist!!
Hmm, I wonder what elnse you have been painting. My birthday is next week.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

think your paintings look very much like folk art. They are delightful! I'm not sure what to call them though, but I will think on it. Glad you had a little time to paint and relax. I know this is a hectic time for you.

Your window boxes and flowers in the previous post are gorgeous. I especially like the way you have decorated them for Independence Day.

Have you read, "Washington's Lady" by Nancy Moser. I just finished it and it was a great read. Though it is fiction Moser has based it on a lot of fact. If you'd like to read it, let me know and I will mail it to you.

Take care, Paula and enjoy your weekend.

Blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Love the birds!! And congrats on the blocks!

Shelby said...

I LOVE the baby blocks! They are soooo cute. And the paintings are fab! I can tell you have the creation inspiration.. keep after it!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you painted! That is so cool. Love the pictures.

CatieAn said...

i love your paintings paula way to go!! They remind me of great folk art! I also love your baby blocks so wonderful to have orders every week!
catie