Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bunny Wabbit...

The zoo is growing...Dustin had 10 dollars in his pocket from one of his lawn mowing jobs, so decided he needed the rabbit that Shilo's friend, Emily, was selling. She made him a good deal. He got the rabbit, cage, carrying cage, water bottle, and half a bag of pellets all for the 10 dollars. Emily has just gotten to busy for her animals and this bunny was the last she had left. She is a little white rabbit with black ears and black spots, very cute. He named her April, since he got her in April. Shilo was "babysitting" her Friday night. Had her hopping around on the bed with her while she was reading. Later, Shilo tried to plug her cell phone in and found that her cord had been chewed in half. We all got quite alot of amusement out of that. I did warn the kids to keep a careful eye on her around the electric cords. We certainly don't need a fried bunny!
A rainy, wet Saturday, so I baked a chocolate cheesecake that Shilo had been wanting and made honey-mustard glazed drummies for dinner with parmesan angel hair pasta and raw carrot and celery sticks. Something so simple hit the spot.
I had recieved a gift certificate from my boss for Lewis and Clark Nursery, so spent that on Sunday. So hard to decide what to get when you want everything!! Riff went with me and tried to be patient- all the while wondering what was happening on the Nascar race track. (We got back in time for him to catch the end of the race). I ended up coming home with a spirea, a spruce that has been coaxed into a delightful spiral shape, a couple of english daisies, some chocolate mint, and 4 cosmo's. I knew I wanted the spruce-he will look wonderful in a large pot next to the front steps. I have big plans for my shade garden in the back, but somehow came away from the nursery this weekend with only items for the front of the house. Well, the mint may possibly go somewhere in the back. Time will tell....
Planted some feverfew seeds and bachelor buttons in my large planters out front yesterday. Many seedlings are coming up from my planting frenzy a few weeks ago. Fun to see their progress from day to day.
Hoppy trails....

No comments: