Thursday, April 13, 2006

Surgery

Well, the ol' gallbladder is coming out finally on May 12th. I know that some of my family and friends have been wondering, and it has been put off so long that I have forgotten to tell alot of you. No stones have been detected in the scan's I've had, but the last test indicates that my gallbladder just doesn't work properly. Apparently that is pretty rare, most of them come out because of stones- which is why it has taken them so long to decide to take it out, although my symptoms have been very classic gallbladder disease symptoms. Leave it to me to be difficult! Hopefully this will help with alot of the food issues I've had over the last several years. Improvement takes time, I guess, until my body gets used to working without the gallbladder at all. Time will tell...

No comments: