Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Knock, Knock, Knock


Thumping, bumping and knocking sounds were coming from the attic early Saturday morning. I was startled from a peaceful slumber by some muffled screeching, cackling and rattling of chains. I couldn't imagine what was happening and who or what could have possibly been stuck in that dark, dusty attic. With some trepidation and quite a bit of trembling knee's, I slowly pulled on the string to bring the attic trapdoor ladder down. Imagine my surprise to find these creatures standing on the precipice looking back at me. I'm a bit behind on my fall decorating, but they must have a calendar up there. Poor dears were not at all happy that it was already October 5th and they were still stuck in that dreary attic. They are creatures of the night, so don't generally mind that they spend 11 months of the year in the dark, but from what I was told ~ Enough is Enough! I let these guys out, but do know there are still others up there who will soon be putting up a ruckus as well...

Have your ghosts and goblins come out to play yet?

9 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh my! They do look like friendly folks, though. I'm so glad they reminded you to let them be free for awhile. They are cute. ~Adrienne~

Twisted Fencepost said...

Oh yeah! Some are out and some are knocking. But I'm getting to them.

Sweet P said...

Great photo! I bet they're happy to be out and about for a few weeks.

Unknown said...

I'm a bit behind on my decorating, but I did pick up a few pumpkins this week.
I'm so glad you let your goblins out of the attic!
I think I will go get Frankie the scare crow, now that you reminded me.

Mary said...

Paula,

I'm so glad you pulled the chain to let them out. They are as cute as can be. I'm sure the others will be wanting out soon as well.

I have done a bit of decorating but with just finishing up the renovations upstairs, I'm not sure just how many are going to be released into the wild this year.

Take care and have a wonderful evening.

Blessings,
Mary

Yolanda said...

I was up in Astoria just yesterday. I so love it there. I wish you could post more photos so others could see what a beautiful place you live.

Cris said...

What a great idea! They are actually cute! Have a great weekend Paula!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! I love this, Paula!

Tipper said...

So cute! They wanted out!!!!