Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Fog Magic...



Fog had settled in sometime in the night. This is looking down the street from our house. I have loved the fog since I was a little girl. It softens the edges and makes everything seem just a bit magical. My sister had a book when we were small called "Fog Magic". It told the story of a young girl who would walk into the forest on foggy days and into a magical town that was only there when the fog had settled in. She made a new friend in the fog-town and they had some great adventures. I remember, as a kid, going for a walk on foggy days, just hoping to find that magical town. Even now, walking through the fog on a chilly morning, I can still almost imagine that something new and special waits for me just around the corner. I think I need to find that book again...



Tonights reward for blackberry picking just came out of the oven. Blackberry, apricot tart. MMM....smells delicious. I'm going to run and have a taste.

May you all be blessed with a bit of fog magic...

3 comments:

kansasrose said...

I agree, fog is really magic. The book sounds like a keeper! Love your pictures...they have captured that mystery.

Nelly said...

Thank you for the lovely magazines and the tea. Can't wait to try them all. I'm so jealous of your pretty cottages, i've always loved our countryside, thatched roof cottages over here but now I want something wooden and on the coast, shame we don't really have that over here! Anyway thank you for the interesting read and a wonderful package!

(your swap-bot swapee)

Paula said...

Nelly,
You are so welcome! This was my first swap, so am doubly tickled that you enjoyed the package.

Apron thrift girl,
Can you look at your copy of Fog Magic and let me know who the author is? Thanks a bunch!

KansasRose-
It really is a fun book. We have woken to foggy mornings all week. A little early in the year for it, but fun nevertheless!!