Saturday, November 11, 2006

Just Another Day In Paradise...



Phil Vassar played at the Liberty Theatre here in Astoria last night. What an awesome concert! Phil is known as "The Piano Man of Country Music" and has by all rights earned that title. He, along with one lone band member, Jeff Smith on the guitar, played an acoustical concert with Phil on the piano all night. Now and then he did a stint on the harmonica. Wonderful stuff I tell ya! He has written most, if not all, of his own songs and has written alot of hits for other artists as well. Four of us girls from work received free tickets from two of the real estate agents we work with who were big sponsers of the show. What fun we had. We started with wine at the office, headed over to the Schooner for appetizers and another glass of wine before standing in line in the rain waiting for our seats. Of course we didn't stay in our seats long! To much dancing and jiving to be done. Darcy wrangled around and ended up with a VIP pass to the after show party, the little shit. We had better get some good details Monday morning I tell ya!

I have been meaning to post this picture of Shilo's first vehicle. She is so proud of herself! She bought this 1991 Ford Ranger for only $800! She spotted it one evening on her way home from work, made Riff leave his football game in progress to go check it out in the dark. It belonged to a retired couple here in town that just didn't have any use for it any longer. It's very clean and really in good shape. Books for almost $2000.00. She really did well for herself. She wanted a little truck so is most tickled...

May you be blessed with good music and fine friends...

2 comments:

Barb said...

What a fun time you girls had, Paula. I can't think of anything more fun than an evening at a great concert with girlfriends.

And what a steal on the truck. It looks like it's in really great shape. My Explorere is a '92 and I wouldn't trade it in on a brand new one. We keep it up and it's so dependable. And it's PAID FOR. That's a huge bonus. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great girls nite out! I am not going to even tell you the last time I went to a concert. Concert going used to be a favorite past time of mine when I was a music store manager and got free tickets..lol. I haven't been to one since I left that store ! I'm definitely missing out!