Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Mittens and Books...
I was zooming around in bloggityville with my mouse last night, clicking here and clicking there when I happened to click upon Lynne . What a fun site she has. She is putting together a program called "From Heart to Hands" to collect mittens for children in a terrible and scary neighborhood in New York. Run over to Lynne's site and check it out. You don't necessarily have to make the mittens to send her, you can buy some if you are short on time or talent. What a good thing this is. It would be great to do something locally like this also. I would have added her wonderful button, but alas, my skills that direction are very limited. I will figure out that button grabbing technique some day, I swear!
The next click of my mouse sent me to Overdue Books, where a reading challenge is taking place. You are not to BUY anymore books, but read 5 from your "already have" stash between Novemeber 1st and January 30th. I'm participating and I'm going to seriously try to NOT let myself down! So here goes with my list:
1. Dance of the Gods- by Nora Roberts (this one is already in progress, so thought I would add 6 to my list)
2. Anne's House of Dreams - by L.M. Montgomery - Book #5 in the Anne of Green Gables Series
3. Dark the Night, Wild the Sea - by Robert McAfee Brown
4. The Time Traveler's Wife - by Audrey Niffenegger
5. The Christmas Blessing - by Donna VanLiere (always need a Christmas story this time of year)
6. Homestead-A Memoir - by Jane Kirkpatrick
Come on, join in! It'll be fun...
Posted by Paula at 7:11 AM