Thursday, January 25, 2007

First Felted Project...


Here it is!! The lovely Stephanie is modeling a Paula, handstitched with the finest merino wool. This bag rivals any on the runways of Paris today. Well, okay, maybe not, but it would look great slung across the arm of any farmgirl.



I bought the pattern a year ago and finally had time to try my hand at it. Super simple and easy and only about 20 minutes in a washer full of hot water to felt it. It took another 3 days to dry totally, then I finished it off today. Yeah! I'm just tickled to death with it, though I wasn't so sure before it was felted. I thought it was pretty ugly at that point, but ~ baby, look at it now!! WOO-HOO!!

May you all be blessed with wonderul finished projects...

6 comments:

Barb said...

OK, I'm an idiot but I don't know what felted means. That bag is darn cute and would look nice over anyone's shoulder, not just a farmgirl's. LOL

Stephanie's pretty darn cute, too.

Anonymous said...

What a cool bag! I love it...I may have to make me one to take with me to my new job!

Be warned though, felting is addicting! I've got a cute pattern for some felted bowls if you'd like it.

Happy Zombie said...

I love it! Very cute and I love the colors.

CB said...

Pass it on. Blogger party in Astoria, February 4th. Discuss it at Walluski Babble, okay?

kansasrose said...

This is so cute Paula! I love it and this farmgirl would be proud as punch to wear it! Going to check your etsy sight now! Best of luck to you on your new endeavor! You are very talented. :)

Lena said...

It's lovely! I really like the colors.
I can't knit. My friend Beth does all the time. She made me a felted bag similar to this in shades of blue. I love it.