Friday, January 12, 2007

On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful...

"Sometimes when the sun goes down
Shadows fall across this little town
And I close my eyes and drift away
To another place another time...
On the coast of somewhere beautiful
Just runnin' with my heart..."
~Kenny Chesney
The following pictures are NOT what you expect to see when you think about our beautiful coast, but what a wonderful surprise it was. We went to bed with a few snowflakes drifting from our cloudy skies and woke up to this enchanted world of white. I went out to take pictures of our wonderland before work and as I was going back into the house, I noticed the red English Daisy blooming in my planter box. Two beautiful gifts in one day. Who could ask for more?





This last picture is my mailbox goodness from the potholders and recipe swap that I participated in. These came to me from my Chef Sheela, another Oregonian. Thank you Sheela. They match my kitchen perfectly! I'm also excited to make her Sloppy BBQ Chicken Pizza. I'll let you know how it comes out.

May you be blessed with somewhere beautiful...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This snow is so much fun. The ice, on the other hand, not so much! Brr... dreading the walk tonight with Sophie!

Oh, that first photo is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula,

This is Katy from the Potholder Swap. I just wanted you to know that I love the potholders--they are beautiful and in my favorite colors, too!

You can keep your snow...we're having a mild winter thus far, but, I think we're going to get hit soon :(

Thanks again!

Barb said...

Those first two photos are so pretty. Cold-looking, but really pretty. We're covered in snow again here, too. And it's very cold. As a matter of fact, I think the only thing that's going to warm me up at this point is a hot shower and layers of clothing!

Kari said...

Hi Paula!!!
I'm your Pink and Brown swap partner. Please email me at artsy_mama@hotmail.com and we can chat:) Thanks!!!
Kari

Anonymous said...

Paual:

You have Snow?!?!?! Well we have been basking in lovely weather for Western New York/Southern Ontario. However, we have to pay as today we have Winter Storm Warnings and warnings of freezing rain (my most favourite stuff, NOT). Oh well, I might take the bus to school if it is too slick.

-Josh