Tuesday, January 02, 2007

What's New Pussycat??



New Years Eve I was peacefully sitting in my chair crocheting a potholder, when Riff walked into the room and announced he was taking Blackie for a walk. My legs were getting a bit stiff, so I said, "Wait for me. I'll come whitcha!" I carefully placed my crocheting in the chair that I had just vacated and, without a second thought, marched out the door.

It was a bittersweet walk, being the first one that I had participated in since Hannah, our 11 year old "puppy", had passed away on December 23rd. It was sad and felt weird to not have her romping through the puddles and generally making enough noise for a herd of buffalo. I kept looking behind me and wanting to call out "Hannah-Bean, come on!" She's romping in doggy-heaven now and I'm sure that my Mama's taking great care of her.

Anyway, we wandered back home and I popped open the front door to this funny site. Boots had decided that HE wanted to crochet but had instead tangled himself up in that silly ball of yarn. He is a very dignified and distinguished gentleman and was quite embarrased to be caught in such a predicament. He must have quickly overcome his embarrasment though, as I caught him in the same antics just last night.

"Whats New Pussycat? Whoa-oh!"
~Tom Jones

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about Hannah!

At the moment, it's nearly 2 am--which is play time for our cat. She is presently "singing" a the fireplace trying to get it started again. :D

Anonymous said...

Boot's is so funny tangled up in your yarn!
I hope he didn't pull to many of your stitches out!

Jodi Ohl said...

Happy New Year Paula!!

Just checking in to see if you are still interested in the pink and brown swap mentioned on my blog a couple of weeks ago and if so, if you could leave a comment on Rebecca's blog "Thrifty Goodness". I hope to see you "swapping" (and anyone else that might be interested!), she left details today on it.

Lucy

Barb said...

Well, at least this behavior is to be expected of a cat. My problem is a shih tzu who thinks she's a cat. She does the same thing with my yarn. :-)

Rebecca said...

LOL! I have a puppy who plays with yarn just like a cat. I have to put the crocheting and knitting well out of his reach.

I signed you up for the pink and brown swap!!

Happy Zombie said...

I'm so sad to hear about Hannah! Sending doggy love.

So cute your new little knitter!