Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sharing Our Gifts


One day as I was poking around in Ravelry, I came upon a new group that had just been started ~ Sharing Our Gifts - 50 Projects for 50 States. Sinclair has started this group with the idea of making handmade items for needs in all of the 50 states. I love this project as it benefits people right here in our own country. Go to Sinclairs blog Sharing Our Gifts to read more about it. You can participate in all 50 projects or 1 of them, whatever your heart desires and time allows.
The first project is underway and it's not to late to join. Sinclair is from my home state of Oregon, so this first project is to make hats and/or slippers for men in a veterans home here in Oregon. You can knit, crochet, sew them, whatever you like. Because I'm an Oregonian and it is football season, I'm making 2 hats - one in Oregon Duck colors and one in Oregon Beaver colors.
The link above will take you to the first post about this project, but don't stop there. Visit Sinclair's other posts and see some of the projects that are coming in.
Hope you can join us!

3 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

Wish I had time. Maybe this winter.
I did bookmark the site and I will be checking it out when I get time. (whenever that is)

Sinclair said...

Thanks for the post! Looking forward to seeing your hats. It is exciting to be able to do something for others, especially in the current economic climate.

Adrienne said...

What a great idea! And fun hats for the men in Oregon. I am dealing with a bit of tendonitis and have to curtail much of my knitting for a bit. I love the whole idea behind this - giving of ourselves! ~Adrienne~